This is a part-time hybrid role for a Bookkeeper. The successful candidate will assist with the effective management of company finances and will report directly to our directors. They will be responsible for managing the accounts payable process, including reviewing and processing invoices, reconciling vendor statements, and ensuring timely payments. They will help to create and refine systems to improve the efficiency, as well as prepare financial reports.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Manage accounts payable process, including reviewing and processing invoices, reconciling vendor statements, and ensuring timely payments.
- Reviewing sales invoices and ensuring timely payment.
- Reconciling the bank accounts on a regular basis.
- Monitor and manage petty cash transactions.
- Monitor and track expenses, ensuring proper allocation and documentation.
- Upkeeping the Xero account so that management information can be provided.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records and documentation.
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing processes.
- Purchasing & payments.
- Liaising with our accountant.
- Assisting with cashflow management in Float.
- Preparing monthly P&L reports for projects.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure accurate and efficient financial operations.
- Minimum 3 years of bookkeeping experience.
- Good knowledge of DEXT.
- Knowledge of Float is preferable but not essential.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices.
- Proficiency in using accounting software and tools. Experience in the use of Xero is preferable.
- High attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and record keeping.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Efficient & self-motivated.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is preferred.
- Experience in the construction industry is a plus.
- Good management skills.
- Good critical thinking skills.
What we Offer
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Company bonus scheme.
- Opportunities for training and advancement.
- Dynamic working environment.
Other Job Opportunities
We are looking for a workshop assistant to aid with the fabrication and assembly of high-end joinery on a number of exciting projects across London. The candidates must be able to follow instructions to deliver work of the highest quality to meet our exacting standards and work effectively as part of a team.
A designer is responsible for leading and progressing projects through the concept phase of a project before handing over to the technical design team. They must have the ability to manage medium – large projects autonomously. The role requires an excellent knowledge of both materials and fabrication techniques & methods, an innate attention to detail, and is often client facing, therefore it is essential that they are professional to ensure Shape’s customers receive the high quality product and service they expect. They need to have a passion for design and the ability to extract the unique opportunities within a brief, to create kitchens, joinery & spaces that are not only functional but also beautiful. In addition, they will be expected to research and propose new tools/ideas to facilitate self-, team- and company-wide learnings and improvements, showing a clear positive impact on both the company’s culture and growth trajectory.