We are looking for a workshop assistant to aid with the fabrication and assembly of high-end joinery on a number of exciting projects across London. The candidates must be able to follow instructions to deliver work of the highest quality to meet our exacting standards and work effectively as part of a team.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Assemble customer orders as briefed by the workshop manager with an acute attention to detail.
- Cabinet assembly.
- Loading and unloading of CNC machine.
- Running sheet material through the edgebander.
- Assisting with keeping the workshop clean and tidy.
- Finishing to include sanding,oiling/ lacquering.
- Wrapping and protection of completed joinery items.
- Loading of workshop skip to ensure efficient packing of waste materials.
- Assemble and dispatch joinery items in line with the workshop manager’s programme and deadlines.
- Ensure all deliveries are received, recorded and stored correctly; this includes undertaking daily perpetual stock control.
- Maintain Health and Safety Standards at all times.
- Ability to read and carry out work from technical drawings.
- Basic proficiency with the use of hand and portable electric tools and workshop machinery.
- Careful and diligent.
- Efficient, effective and organised.
- To exhibit Shape’s values – Meticulous. Hard working, Creative, Enthusiastic & Team Work.
What we Offer
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience.
- Full-time employment.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Company bonus scheme.
- Opportunities for training and advancement.
- Dynamic working environment.