We are looking for an experienced bench joiner/ maker to join our talented workshop team.
The roles and responsibilities of the experienced bench joiner/ maker are as follows:
Experienced Workshop based carpenter/ joiners are expected to carry out a wide range of carpentry tasks to the highest standards, including but not limited to:
- Assemble customer orders as briefed by the workshop manager with an acute attention to detail.
- Cabinet and furniture manufacture.
- Fabrication with sheet material.
- Fabrication with solid timber.
- Traditional window and door joinery.
- Finishing to include sanding, oiling/ lacquering.
- Oversee assembly and dispatch joinery items in line with the workshop manager’s programme and deadlines.
- Maintain Health and Safety Standards at all times. (Please see below further details of specifics).
- Cabinet assembly.
The Role Requires:
- A flawless approach, demanding of high standards.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Manual dexterity.
- The use of power, compressed-air and hand tools in a safe manner.
- Reading and carrying out of works from technical drawings.
- Good communication with assembly and logistics team.
- A natural three-dimensional understanding.
- +5 years proven workshop experience of bench joinery/ making.
- NVQ level 2 or higher in joinery related occupation.
- Excellent knowledge of use and performance of various materials.
Machinery Experience required:
High level of proficiency with the use of:
- All joinery hand and portable electric tools.
- Combination machine.
- Hand Routers.
- Band saw.
- Spindle Moulder.
- Planer thicknesser.
- CNC (Preferable, but training can be given).
- Drum sander.
The person will be:
- Careful and diligent.
- Demanding of high standards.
- Efficient, effective and organised.
- Informal but 100% professional.
- Tidy and respectful of all equipment.
- Hard working.
- Able to work as part of a Team.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience. £32 - £38k
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Opportunities for training.
- Dynamic working environment.